A major redevelopment and expansion program for St Monica’s College, Epping
commenced in 2015 and is extending throughout 2016 and 2017. This has the
potential to be one of the biggest and most important projects undertaken by the
College since its inception. It is called 'Project Forward' .
This decision is based on the adoption of ‘Towards the Future 2015 – 2019’ which
was approved by the College Board on 26 March, 2015. In the ‘Finance and
Facilities’ section of the Plan, the College is challenged to plan for a very
enterprising future in regard to facilities and resources.
Consequently, I am pleased to announce the appointment of a Management Group to
direct Project Forward from beginning to end. I shall chair the Management Group
which will comprise Mr Graham Bell, Business Manager, and also Ms Amorina
Chirico and Miss Paula Di Maria as ex officio members due to their Campus
Director roles. I have also appointed Mr Cameron Whitford to this Group in the
position of Director of Planning. His responsibilities are to engage the entire
College community with Project Forward and to present a report on the parameters
of program direction and implementation by the end of 2015.
to the program planning, the following areas will need prioritised investigation
and recommendations from Mr Whitford and the Management Group:
- Audit and review of current specialist facilities throughout the College
- Audit and review of resources throughout the various areas of operation
of the College
- Information and Communication Technology strategic plan for the next
- Management structure and needs for the next ten years at least
- School structure – timetable; program delivery; pastoral structures
- Teaching and Learning at St Monica’s College into the future
- Financial planning including loan requests and management
The management group has appointed the Architectural firm Clarke
Hopkins Clarke to work on the Project and in particular partner Wayne Stephens
and associate Simon LeNepveu.
Major physical areas to be considered for Project Forward
- Creation of a new Administration Complex – on the site of Augustine
- Demolition of the present Administration Complex to be replaced by
teaching and staffing areas (DSC)
- DSC Chapel
- Wellbeing Centre (DRC) for: VET Allied Health; DRC counsellors; fitness;
other activities as appropriate
will be most successful when the whole College
community embraces it and when there is genuine and authentic communication,
consultation and listening leading to wise decision-making.