Update 4, 2021 on SMC Response to Coronavirus (COVID – 19)
Parents, Guardians and Carers,
Earlier today, the Acting Premier announced that Victoria will enter a circuit breaker lockdown from 11.59 pm tonight (Thursday 27 May) until 11.59 pm on Thursday, 3 June.
All Catholic schools, including St Monica’s College, Epping, will transition to remote and flexible learning as from Monday, 31 May. To assist with preparing for this, tomorrow (Friday, 28 May) will be a student-free day for all Catholic schools in Melbourne, including St Monica’s College, Epping.
As from Monday, 31 May, our College will deliver remote and flexible learning to all students, except for Home Room, pastoral period (Years 7 – 10) and Year 8 Religious Education (Relationships & Growth program) and Year 12 Religious Education. Students must sign in for all classes as they did in 2020.
We shall deliver a supervision program for children of authorised and essential workers, and vulnerable children throughout the lockdown period. Registration is essential on the day prior to the student’s attendance. Email DRCCampusReception@stmonicas-epping.com or DSCCampusReception@stmonicas-epping.com as appropriate.
Please note the following date changes:
- Years 10 to 11 examination period: 4 June to 17 June
- Years 8 to 9 examination period will remain as scheduled, Tuesday 8 June to Thursday, 10 June
- Unit 4 changeover will commence on Tuesday, 15 June as normal
- Semester 2 electives and Unit 2 changeover will occur on Monday, 21 June
- Report Writing Day (student-free) will move to 25 June. (final day for Term 2).
God bless all Monicans – Shalom, Anywhere You Go.