Update 6, 2021 on SMC Response to Coronavirus (COVID – 19)
Parents, Guardians and Carers,
I write to inform our Monican community that the State Government has announced that students and staff in all schools across Victoria should attend their school in accordance with normal arrangements from tomorrow, Friday, 11 June 2021.
St Monica’s College, is back operating for all year levels tomorrow, following normal times.
Year 10 students commence their examinations tomorrow, Friday, 11 June.
Year 9 students commence their examinations on Wednesday, 16 June.
Year 8 students commence their examinations on Thursday, 17 June.
I ask you to observe the following:
- If your child is ill or displaying symptoms of being unwell, please keep them at home
- Visitors on school grounds are not permitted unless in extreme circumstances and all health advice and regulations must be followed
- Students aged 12 years or older must always wear a face mask at school, both indoors and outdoors, and on public transport
- Students who are required to isolate or undertake home-based quarantine will be provided materials to continue their learning remotely, until such time that they are permitted to return to school
- As per the advice of the Victorian Chief Health Officer, and with COVIDsafe measures in place, schools reman safe places for students. Students with medical vulnerabilities can feel reassured that they can safely learn on-site at school
- Hand hygiene remains one of the critical measures to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Hands should be cleaned with alcohol-based hand sanitiser or washed with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Students are encouraged to cough or sneeze into their elbow or a tissue
- Students should practise physical distancing where possible.
By working together and cooperating faithfully and always within regulations, we shall maximise our educational program on-site in the best interests of all. The College is committed to cleanliness and ensuring that matters such as appropriate ventilation and responsible social distancing are paramount priorities.
God bless all Monicans – Shalom, Anywhere You Go.