Dear Parents, Guardians, and Carers,
I’m writing to let you know that a person/ people with COVID-19 was on our school site while infectious.
Date Positive case/s attended College – Thursday 2 June, Friday 3 June & Monday 6 June
Impacted class/es or year level/s:
- Year 7 Blue, Year 7 White
- Year 8 Silver, Year 8 Green
- Year 10 Mauve, Year 10 Orange, Year 10 Yellow
- Year 11 Purple, Year 11 Yellow
- Year 12 Blue, Year 12 Silver
- Building P – Davisson Street Campus
- Building Q – Davisson Street Campus
- Building R – Davisson Street Campus
- Building D – Dalton Road Campus
- Building F – Dalton Road Campus
- Building H – Dalton Road Campus
- Building J – Dalton Road Campus
- Building K – Dalton Road Campus
- Building L – Dalton Road Campus
- Sports & Assembly Hall – Dalton Road Campus
- Pamela Coyne Library – Dalton Road Campus
- Augustine House – Dalton Road Campus
- College Musical Production Rehearsals – Dalton Road Campus
What you need to know
If your child is not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, they can continue to attend school, but you should monitor for symptoms.
Students who have not yet had a COVID-19 test, but are showing symptoms of COVID-19, cannot attend school and should get tested immediately and isolate until they receive a negative result. They should not return to school until symptoms have resolved.
Students should continue with twice-a-week rapid antigen testing on school days.
Students who have recovered from COVID-19 do not need to participate in surveillance testing for 12 weeks after their isolation period has ended.
For information on symptoms visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/symptoms-and-risks.
For more information on how to get tested visit: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/taking-test-covid-19.
If your child returns a positive result, your child has COVID-19. You must:
- quarantine your child for seven days
- advise the school about the positive result
- your child must stay home until their symptoms have resolved and they are well
- your child completes a rapid antigen test that returns a negative result on day 6 of their isolation
- everyone in your household is a close contact and whilst student household contacts are no longer required to quarantine, they may return to school as long as they undertake rapid antigen tests (RAT) 5 times during their 7-day period as well as wear a face covering when indoors.
- Household contacts are required to inform the College that they are attending during the 7-day period.
Reporting your child’s positive test
If your child was at school when they were infectious you need to report the positive case through the Student COVID-19 Test Portal or you can notify the school in writing or by phone.
You must also report your child’s positive test to the Department of Health via the COVID-19 Positive Rapid Antigen Test Self-Reporting Form or call centre on 1800 675 398.
Further information for languages other than English
- For school information in languages other than English, call TIS National on 131 450.
- For translated written information about COVID-19, please visit: Translated information about COVID-19 | Coronavirus Victoria.
- Please ask them to call the DET COVID-19 hotline on 1800 338 663and they will help interpret.
- For health advice in languages other than English, visit coronavirus.vic.gov.au/translated-information-about-coronavirus-covid-19
Financial support available to people affected by COVID-19:
For more information, visit:
General advice and support
Advice and further resources about what to do if you test positive to COVID-19, or you have been told you are a contact, are at: Your COVID Checklist | Coronavirus Victoria, or call the 24/7 Coronavirus hotline on: 1800 675 398
You can also contact the school:
Phone: 9409 8800
Brian E. Hanley OAM