HIGH PERFORMANCE SPORT
The Athlete Development Program (ADP) and Talent Identification and Development (TID) programs make up the College’s High Performance Sport Pathway. Managed by highly respected High Performance Coach, Joel Hocking, the pathway provides opportunities for talented student athletes with additional high performance physical preparation for their respective sport activity, for both College representation and external non-College sport.
Athlete Development Program
The ADP is a competitive entry physical preparatory program run by the College’s High Performance staff for selected elite level Year 7-11 student athletes. Using a modified in-class student timetable, the program provides these students high performance support, including:
- Strength and physical conditioning preparation, including tutorials on safe lifting techniques, incremental physical loading based on age and experience and sport specific strength and conditioning.
- Nutritional advice and programming in order to maximise performance, including opportunities for individual food monitoring, education on the value of nutrition and hydration for optimal performance.
- Performance psychology support, including general advice on time management, goal setting, visualisation techniques, resilience training and anxiety management. Students will have access to the College’s network of Consultant Psychologists.
- Specialist, elite technical coaching within the College’s Academy programs, namely Football, Basketball, Netball, Australian Rules Football, Athletics and Tennis.
- Sport Science and physical testing analysis, whereby students will be progressively measured in a number of general and sport specific physical parameters, such as strength, speed, power, agility and endurance.
- Injury rehabilitation and recovery techniques, with students provided access to the College’s network of allied health providers.
Students are required to apply annually for positions within the ADP, based on:
- Recent athletic performance, including Regional, State and National level (or equivalent) representation
- Sporting achievements, including medal or placings, individual awards
- Commitment to maintaining adequate academic and behavioural standards
- Commitment to College representation in Sport and other fields
- Endorsement from relevant referees, including current or past Coaches
- Identified potential for future State or National representation.
The ADP application form can be found here.
Talent Identification and Development Program
The Talent Identification and Development (TID) Program is a junior skill and strength development program and sits as a feeder to the ADP. The TID provides selected Year 7-9 students with fundamental skill and strength coaching before and after school hours from its qualified coaching staff and is designed to introduce these students to the fundamentals of high performance sport. The TID is an invite only program with small group numbers to maximise coaching quality and outcomes. Sports included are Athletics, Australian Rules Football, Basketball, Netball, Tennis, Swimming and Volleyball.